In summary, PHOOEY Architects is a family design studio specialising in sustainable architecture, heritage, upcycling, adaptation & reuse.
Based in Melbourne, Australia.
In more detail, PHOOEY Architects is an enthusiastic and progressive design practice specialising in sustainable architecture & interior design. Many PHOOEY projects have received prestigious awards and world-wide publication. We place great emphasis on listening to and working closely with our clients & project teams to achieve their project aims.
PHOOEY projects typically aim to:
- Provide a resilience which enables them to comfortably adapt to social, technological, climatic & other changes over time;
- Elegantly capture their client briefs;
- Be finely detailed;
- Be functional & energy efficient; &
- Minimise waste.
PHOOEY is internationally recognised for their employment of innovative re-use & adaptation strategies that sensitively enable new life to be breathed into old places. This includes:
- Re-using salvaged materials & building elements;
- Re-purposing materials & building elements;
- Re-inventing redundant buildings & places; &
- Complementing & conserving heritage buildings & heritage places.
Our range of delivered projects includes a diversity of residential, commercial, institutional buildings and environs, extending in complexity/ detail from urban design into one-off bathroom and furniture design.
We are experienced providers of full project services comprising master-planning, feasibility studies, design, documentation and construction contract superintendence. We are also able to contribute partial design services tailored to suit each client and project’s unique preference.
We also do a bit of building on the side & enjoy delivering small Design & Construct projects now & then.