Hawthorn House (Shakespeare Grove)
This project features extensive alterations & additions to an existing double storey interwar Arts & Crafts bungalow.
The house is located in an established residential area in Hawthorn notable for a wide range of period mansion house styles including several significant heritage listed buildings.
The brief was to rejuvenate, update & expand the existing dwelling, reconciling heritage values with the needs of a contemporary family.
The scope includes significant fit-out works including:
- A new third (lower) level family room with refrigerated cellar spilling onto the rear lawn with new recessed trampoline.
- A new endless edge swimming pool & cabana over a 5 car garage accessible from the rear lane.
- A new open plan kitchen with adjacent scullery & laundry as well as various mini-bars & BBQ facilities servicing each of the internal & external family areas.
- Several new bathrooms/ powder rooms servicing each level/ habitable space.
- Facade restoration & improvements including the introduction of a new front fence & private courtyard garden.
- A formal side entry & stair which efficiently improves access & features plenty of storage.
Designed in collaboration with Cook Gordon Architects.